Home Bleaching Instructions
- Follow your dentist’s instructions on how to load gel into your custom bleaching tray. Use no more than 1/3 to 1/2 of the syringe.
- Brush teeth then insert tray. Lightly tap tray to adapt the sides of tray to teeth. Wear 15% bleach for 4-6 hours , 20% bleach for 2-4 hours, and 35% bleach for 30 minutes.
- Remove excess gel with a clean finger or soft toothbrush. Rinse your mouth twice; do not swallow rinsed gel.
- If significant sensitivity occurs, stop treatment and contact our office.
- Clean the tray with a soft brush and cool tap water. Store tray in the case provided.
- Do not use household bleach to whiten teeth.
- Pregnant women should not use bleach.
- If you have any questions regarding the appropriate use of this product, including how long it will take to bleach your teeth, please consult your doctor as soon as possible.
- Do not use tobacco products or eat while bleaching.
- White spots on the enamel or that appear during bleaching may blend during continued bleaching process.
- Teeth are naturally darker along the gumline. These areas may require more time to lighten than the rest of the tooth surface and usually remain slightly darker.
- A small percentage of patients experience sensitivity with bleaching. Should this occur, remove the tray and contact our office.
- Foods and juices high in citric acid can cause sensitivity to the teeth.
- Some patients have noticed temporary discomfort of the gums, lips, throat or tongue. Should any of these symptoms persist more than two days or progressively worsen, call our office. These side effects will usually subside within 1-3 days after treatment is discontinued.
- Coffee, tobacco, and other products can restain your teeth over time. Should this occur, the teeth can be rewhitened within a few nights of using bleach.
- Regular dental checkups and cleanings are important before and after bleaching to maintain a healthy smile.
- Some old amalgam or “silver” fillings may leave a dark purple color in your bleaching tray; this is normal.
- Crowns, bridges, partial dentures, veneers and composite fillings will not bleach.
- Store bleach out of the sun and heat. Refrigeration is recommended. Do not freeze.
- Discard any unused bleaching gel after treatment is complete.
- Keep bleach out of reach of children.
- Do not swallow gel or rinsed gel. Product contains peroxide and may contain fluoride; swallowing large amounts can be harmful.
Find Us Online